Seamless Aeronautical Networking through integration of Data links Radios and Antennas
The SANDRA project has designed, implemented and validated through in-flight trials an integrated aeronautical communications system based on an open architecture, a common set of interfaces and on well-proven industry standards. The novelty of the SANDRA approach consists in pursuing integration at different levels:
- Service integration: Integration of a full range of applications (ATS, AOC/AAC, APC);
- Network integration: Based on Interworking of different radio access technologies through a common IP-based aeronautical network whilst maintaining support for existing network technologies (ACARS, ATN/OSI, ATN/IPS, IPv4, IPv6);
- Radio integration: Integration of radio technologies in an Integrated Modular Radio platform (applying IMA concepts t*o communication avionics);
- Antenna integration: Hybrid Ku/L band SatCom antenna to enable an asymmetric broadband link (ref. par. 184.108.40.206);
- WiMAX adaptation for integrated multi-domain airport connectivity
For more Information please visit this page.
Are you still intrested in our projects? Read more about our references!
The FP7 project Airport 2050+ explores radical and novel solutions to prepare airports for the year 2050 and beyond.... Read more...
The GABRIEL is a European Commission funded "Out-of-the-Box" project. The "Integrated Ground and on-Board system for Support of the Aircraft Safe Take-off and Landing" (GABRIEL) proposal was based on a system using magnetic levitation technology to enable aircraft... Read more...
The concept of the CEARES project was to establish a well-coordinated network among the research organisations of the Central-European states for sharing the know-how, the latest research results and to be able to find the contact more easily with the European aeronautical industry.... Read more...
The overall concept of AERO-UKRAINE project was to facilitate research co-operation between aeronautics actors from the EU and Ukraine. The project achieved its overall aim via a range of activities:... Read more...